Thursday, June 2, 2011

Absolutely!

One thing that we can count on these days, is that we really cannot count on anything.  I mean, one constant in life is that for at least 17 weeks a year the world would be revolving around the gridiron and pigskin.  I have employees that would literally throw money at me not to schedule them during game time of their favorite teams, and are nearly in tears if they are scheduled any time close to the Superbowl.  We may not even have a season if the owners and players cannot learn to play nice with each other.

Unfortunately, in life there are only a few things that can be counted on for everyone (even the death and taxes thing is somewhat questionable - ask Enoch and Elijah, and for the taxes you just need to find a really smart tax accountant).  I was reminded today that the one thing that every one can count on is the unconditional love of God.  No matter how badly we screw of this life, and no matter if we ever come to the point of recognizing that we need a savior, God will always love and care for us beyond what we ever deserve.  As I was (and still am) processing this thought, I can remember several times in life where I either didn't want to, or where not ready to forgive someone for what they had done to me; God on the other hand has never withheld forgiveness from me.  In fact, before I get to the point of asking for forgiveness for the things that I have done, He has released me from it through Christ Jesus.  For most the idea of an unconditional love is a completely foreign idea.  To think that some one could love us in spite of anything that we do, baffles the mind because we are looking at it from a human point of view.  As humans, even the people we love the most have the ability to disappoint us to the point of hatred, but with God this can never happen.  God loves us unconditionally because he created us, he formed us, he knew us even before Mommy and Daddy had feelings for each other.  We are created in His image, formed by his hands, and for those that have given their lives to Him, we are the benefactors of the sacrifice of Jesus to give us eternal life.  How could he not love unconditionally love something that He is so intimately involved with?  

It is good to know that as least one thing in life is constant and unconditional.  When people, government, friends, family, and even professional sports leagues fail all around us; we can turn to God for a consistent source of unconditional love.  

I hope that you have come to a point in our life where you know and have experience the unconditional love of God, which only comes through a personal relationship with Christ.  If you have not, I encourage you to contact me and we can talk about this life changing decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment